Monday, June 20, 2011

I Wanna Be Down, BUT WHERE CAN I FIND YOU?!

Hey HunnyBees!!

I told you I was making a come back :)

For the past few months, I've noticed that my girls and I have been on the prowl to find a man... or several lol... We are all very attractive WOMEN above the age of 25, and all are on the way to having successful careers. My girls and I have arrived at the age where we know what we want in life, have direction, and want to find a partner who will build our empires & dreams with us. We aren't looking to have a marriage proposal in the next 3-6 months, but we are looking for someone following the same path we want to take. We are looking for a man with a plan who is willing to attempt to dive into the thought of possiblities with his possible soul mate.

The problem is, WHERE DO YOU FIND A BROTHA THAT WANTS TO BE DOWN?>

Lately we've been going out more, trying to find places to meet eligible bachelors, and so far, we haven't been too successful. We've tried sports bars, lounges, lounges/bowling alleys lol, and even just having a girls night out at a restaurant...still, nada! Usually the saying goes "If you look to hard for something, you'll never find what you're looking for", but come on!!! Give us something to work with Baby Jesus.. a nice conversation and some follow up will do! And if possible, please just let him have a job and be able to spot me on Super sizing my Big Mac Meal every now & then...

So HunnyBee's, you tell me, where does a young woman go to find a brotha with a plan??

I've done some research on a few websites of other women asking the same question. Below is what they've come up with. Please HunnyBees, give other women looking, as well as myself, some answers :)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/washington-dc/612816-where-black-men-dc.html

http://blackbiz.meetup.com/

http://society.ezinemark.com/why-i-love-washington-dc-speed-dating-17aadae9a0b.html

http://washington.org/visiting/browse-dc/attractions/100-free-things-to-do/african-american-experience

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the trouble is "the pack" mentality. Girls nite out is great, but what man wants to throw himself in the middle of a pit of women when they are literally on the prowl? He's either crazy or hungry himself. And no one wants a hungry man.

    Besides the places you've listed, try something new. Go to VA and hangout at a bar or a comedy show. Do a random day in DC by yourself. Dare yourself to do things you have never done. Just don't give up. Remember that you are a catch and he - whoever he is- will find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Present yourself in a way that makes a man want you. I know you are pretty and all, but what else do you have to offer.... Men usually want to settle later in life, so you may have to look at older guys as well, bc guys your age just not ready..... I thought you had a dude......

    ReplyDelete