Monday, December 14, 2009

HunnyBeeHOME

Hey HunnyBees!

I know HunnyBee has been away from the blog world for a few weeks now! I do have to apologize! Between Thanksgiving and Christmas preparation, resolution thoughts, etc. - i've been kind of out of it~!

Over the past few weeks, I've been digging through record crates and making new playlists for the holiday. I'm not a huge fan of holiday music, other than Jackson 5 Christmas album (yes album), along with the all time Christmas anthem Donny Hathways' "This Christmas"- but my family LOVES music, and I can’t wait to bust out my new playlist for some holiday seam busting, finger snapping, soul train line moving, hand dancing moves! Something about music and the holidays make me drift back and give me warm happy feelings!

Remember those days when you could wake up Christmas morning, run downstairs, and expect that most of the gifts under the tree were for you! lol- Remember those days of pacing back and fourth trying to figure out what kind of gifts you were going to wake up to Christmas morning, as well as figuring out how your parents could have possibly thought you still believed in Santa Claus even after you knew that no white man in a super size-it red velvet suit was climbing down a chimney in NW DC after a week of hearing about homes being robbed blocks away from your house! LAWD! smh lol! Those were the days!

Honestly though- Christmas used to be the bomb with all of the gifts & playtime! But now, versus spending the time trying to figure out what gifts I'm buying my family members, as well as figuring out what gifts they're giving me, I find myself wanting to hold on to those memories and appreciating the time we get to spend together, as I am one that knows that time with loved ones is valuable!

This Christmas, I want everyone to take time, sit back, and observe your family. Watch the corky things they do, listen to the sounds they make, listen to the laughter, and remember how the warmth of family makes you feel! It's time to reflect on your love for one another so you'll always have those memories!

Also- Homework for every1- GIMME SOME SONGS! So far I have a pretty good Xmas/ family reunion playlist, but I need some more! HunnyBee needs some Results!!






& Because We're putting the Christ back in Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. That Donny Hathaway song makes me feel christmas deep in my kringles lol but yo you need to get up on some Kurtis Blow - Christmas rap or some Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis...now we're talkin bout cornbread and greens under the tree !

    ReplyDelete