Friday, October 16, 2009

HunnyBeeHaveMorals

"When Virgin Mary meets Pussy Poppin’ on a Hand Stand"

PEOPLE, what is up with gospel music making a special appearance in the club scene? Is the sudden craze to play Jesus music and R. Kelly all at the same time? Please let me know whe this phase is over because I'm too deep in the hole with my Hell Mary's to be a participant! It’s a funny topic of discussion, and I know you all love the Virgin Mary title, but seriously, has our generation lost all of its morals? - Now I know that in theory, Christians are to believe that God is everywhere. He see’s you through the good, and in the bad- but do I really want God in the club with me while other ladies are “pussy poppin’ on a hand stand” in the club? I think not! Not only have I heard gospel songs in the club, but even early morning talk shows (i.e. Russ Parr Morning Show), play gospel songs and in the same mix segment bump R. Kelly’s “12 Play”, or Trey Songz “Invented Sex”.

What happened to morals people?

Let me say first and foremost that I am NOT one to point fingers! I’ll always be the one to say, “hunnybee, do you!”, but I really think something is wrong when a lady can dance as provocatively to gospel, as she can to Uncle Luke- lol- and that’s just my opinion. I guess the question I’m concluding to, is what happened to morals? What happened to respecting ourselves, our parents, and GOD? Are we that far gone to the point where we can’t decipher if “God in Me” playing in the club, or if that’s “Ass Clap”? Imjustsayin-

When I talk to my grandmother she constantly talks about how disappointed she is with our generation, and how she doesn’t understand how clubbing, dancing, drinking, and “sexing” has replaced education, morals, and GOD. Suddenly after seeing visions of girls “Rockin that Thing” even harder to gospel tunes than DREAM himself, I’m taken aback and have to say for the first time in LIFE I almost agree with my gram- YIKES!

I know that not everyone in the club enjoys watching ladies pussy pop on a hand stand to Jesus music, or enjoy hearing Shirley Caesar and Pretty Ricky all in the same 10 min block (even though Pretty Ricky are my boys)- so what do we do? Do we allow ourselves continue to just breeze past these opportunities and say nothing? Do we keep ignoring this while our youth grow up thinking Shirley Caesar and Pretty Ricky are one in the same? How do we stop ourselves from becoming moral-less?

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. you KNOW i had to comment on this one! and you know i completely agree! I love my Jesus music (as i don't only listen to Gospel) but i do not agree with playing in the club. i guess people try to justify it with "well Jesus is everywhere anyway" and they are prolly feeling guilty for freak dancing to the music but NO! that is not cute at all. and it disgusts me... but i feel the DJs who are playing it are to blame as well. WHAT WOULD POSSESS THEM TO DO THAT!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like "God In Me," and I appreciate the fact that it is getting played on days other than Sunday; So many people have pushed God to Sunday--and that ain't right!!!

    The only time most people really get a listen (unless they listen to Gospel stations) is on Sundays. So I appreciate the fact that music aimed at praising God and involving the youth is getting play.

    I do agree that there is a time and place for everything--Puss poppin and prayer just don't go together. (It feels weird putting them in the same sentence lol). The DJs could do a litle better...lol...be conscious at least...

    ReplyDelete